Sunday, July 24, 2022

A day without much of anything

Yet another hot day after a warm night.  I didn't sleep well and just didn't feel like driving to Tabby's Place today.  

It's not as though I got absolutely nothing accomplished -- I powered up the work laptop and went through the mailbox, finding some quick tasks to check off the list before going back on the clock tomorrow morning.  

I logged off at noon, though, and after that the hours dragged by.  Didn't bake anything (I'd made zucchini muffins yesterday) and it was too hot to do much outside.  Even so, I made a lap around the house to get a bit of sunshine, and pulled a few weeds along the way.  That killed 15 minutes, but at age 66 I'm hoping to do more than kill time.

Nothing on TV, and I wound up watching the last hour of The Big Parade, another 15 minutes of Crossing Delancey, and saying "Not today" to the rest of the films on the Tivo.  Internet access here costs more than $300 a month, including the Tivo and a bunch of useless cable channels.  The "cable company" doesn't even bother charging for the landline anymore, not officially anyway.

One small step:  I canceled Netflix after 3 years.  I tried Emily in Paris, Call My Agent, Bojack Horseman, and a few other trendy things, and never finished any of them.  On the other hand, I'm watching an episode of Phil Silvers as Bilko on YouTube every day or so and enjoying it.  There's also a bunch of Wodehouse Jeeves-and-Wooster audiobooks out there, so that's money well spent for the YouTube Premium subscription.

The mortgage is down to the low five figures, so we should have it paid off by the end of the year.  That'll leave money in our pockets.  



No comments:

Post a Comment