Wednesday, September 4, 2024

My day

I walked out to the back yard about mid-morning on a sunny, warm September day.  This is what I saw:  in the bird garden, I pulled a foot-high dandelion and found some hedge bindweed had begun climbing up the stem. . . a couple dozen tiny brown butterflies swarming across the sedum. . . frantic squawking of a blue jay from the neighbor's yard, and seconds later, I spotted a red-tailed hawk gaining altitude and flying in lazy circles above the houses. . . the volunteer arbor vitae in a pot that I moved into a sunnier area has grown until its top is above the top edge of the pot; maybe it can be transplanted into the spot in front of the garage where the original bush died. . . and the resurrected crape myrtle that is flowering right next to one of the three plants planted last year as part of the landscaping makeover.  Can it be dug up without damaging the roots to the point where it can't survive transplanting?  

No comments:

Post a Comment