Thursday, September 10, 2026

Spotted earlier today

At the hospital this afternoon for my wife's follow-up visit with a specialist.  We got there early enough that there was time to roam around the floor.  

I found that we were in the right place to use the glass-enclosed bridge over the road.  The bridge connects to another building on the hospital grounds, and contains several small tables that go along with a mini snack bar.

The view was good from the bridge, and at one point a spotted lanternfly landed on the outside of the glass.  I decided to take the picture because I remember how we were informed they were invasive and had no predators.  We were called upon to smash every one of the insects, which I resisted.  

This one being on the outside meant it was safe from humans, if not necessarily from predators, since as it turns out there are some.  Nature!  There's just no stopping it.

No comments:

Post a Comment