Sunday, October 18, 2020

Score

 Looking over Wikipedia for Emmy nominees, found something in 1962's awards for Stan Freberg, the Chun King Chow Mein Hour.

Really?  I'm no expert on Stan Freberg, but I have heard a number of his productions (any time I hear a reference to scallions, I have to respond, "Most folks call 'em green onions, but they're really scallions.") and this was completely new to me.  

Usually, a search reveals nothing, such as the search for a Phil Silvers vehicle from 1959 that also received an Emmy nomination.  Sixty years isn't enough to go into public domain, I get that.  The heart wants what it wants, though, and this time, I got what I wanted.

It's a terrible copy of a copy of a kinescope, but it exists, and that's good enough for me.  As soon as I type a few more words and insert a link, maybe two, I'm going back to watching it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment