Saturday, November 7, 2020

Saturday evening post

We drove to Center Valley to the L.L. Bean to exchange a shirt Pat bought for me.  For the first time ever, a Bean shirt in my size, XL/Tall, was too big.  I tried on an XL/Regular and it fit the way I'd expected the XL/Tall to fit.  

Instead of going back to our area, I drove south on Route 309 toward Quakertown.  I intended to take the turnpike back home, just for a change.  But about a mile north of town, traffic stopped.  We could see multiple sets of emergency lights, but we thought that there would at least be one lane open.  Instead, cars ahead of us began making U-turns and heading back north.  We did, too.  

Bought apple pastries at Costco and put one in the Breville to toast it a little.  Instead, it burned.  When Pat and I reached in without using the wooden tongs, we got burned, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment