Sunday, November 15, 2020

Sunday post

 PG making pot roast, browning the meat in the Le Creuset, the lower floor full of the aroma of the Maillard Reaction.

Yesterday the house was scented with blueberry muffins topped with praline pecans.  PG said she liked them a lot.  

Lots and lots of leaves this fall.  I just don't remember that many leaves in past years, although there must have been just as many last year and the year before.  There are so many that even though the gutter out front is filled from end to end with maple and zelkova leaves, there was still a 15 x 15 area beneath the maple that was piled high, and I mowed it over and over again until they were chopped fine.  

We shopped at Giant yesterday and Wegmans today, and the paper products aisle in both stores is becoming bare once more.  If not for that and the dearth of cleaning products, and the masks everyone wears, it would look pretty normal.  The Wegmans lot this morning was jam-packed, as though people were stocking up for Thanksgiving, although that's still more than a week away.

The State of Me:  Eight months of pandemic restrictions haven't weighed heavily on me.  I am happy to work from home.  I am happy I don't have to commute to work, that I only fill up the gas tank once a month, and that my car insurance payment has been reduced by a third.  I especially enjoy being with my wife and best friend 24/7.  

I miss going inside Tabby's Place and loving on cats.  I miss Diana's volleyball matches and I miss Nebraska's volleyball matches.  

No comments:

Post a Comment