Saturday, December 24, 2022

Well, the wildflowers died back, so...

What we did Xmas Eve:

On the edge of a bomb cyclone, we got plenty of rain while areas farther north and west got hit with bounteous snow, and they're welcome to it.  All of us have a follow-up of severe cold.

Naturally, we had to go out in that weather.  BB needed to make a cake for tomorrow's supper, and we were nearly out of bird seed.  So then, breakfast, shopping online for a space heater for the master bedroom, which dropped to 61 degrees last night.

Around 11:00, to Walmart for $125 worth of stuff, mostly bird seed.  I couldn't get a good parking spot and my face was painfully cold by the time I wheeled the cart up to BB's Subaru.  

We fed the birds.  We fed ourselves.  I replaced burned-out light bulbs in the fridge.  I napped.  BB made cole slaw for tomorrow.   I baked the Duncan Hines cake, and while the oven was warm, baked a batch of brownies.

We had a slice each of homemade pizza, I washed dishes.  BB went upstairs and I sat in the rocker recliner and watched some of the stuff on my YouTube list.  The Ford Show with Shari Lewis; Never Say Die with Bob Hope and Martha Raye; Mr Churchill Addresses Congress on 8 Jan 1942.  


No comments:

Post a Comment