Saturday, June 24, 2023

Lately, before I forget

Films:  Ishtar; Dawson City: Frozen Time

Read:  Queen of Crime; All the Answers

Moments during a 3-day weekend:  four rabbits and a pair of mallards in our back yard; PG has an injured leg and I am helping to pick up the slack; I baked a blueberry streusel cake; driving from Macungie back home, saw a field of tall chicory, not just the stunted kind that grows in the gravelly soil next to asphalt roads.  

Awoke at 3:00 this morning and went downstairs, because PG needed me to feed the cats, and they're used to her getting up to feed them around 4:00.  No big deal, it's a weekend.  During the hour between 3:00 and 4:00, I followed Twitter feeds for info about the mutiny/insurrection/coup in Russia.  At the same time, I read about the release of a copy of The Second Arrangement from the estate of Steely Dan engineer Roger Nichols.  One was big news worldwide, the other big news to just a few people, but I'm one of them.  

Similarly, earlier this month when Canadian wildfire smoke covered our area, darkening the sky and turning the sun into a dim red dot, PG's granddaughter graduated on one of those evenings and we attended the ceremony.  

No comments:

Post a Comment