Monday, October 23, 2023

I haven't forgotten...

It's the sertraline.  I used it to suppress my appetite and block stress eating, and it worked.  I lost 15 pounds quickly, but then hit a plateau.  I stopped taking it, followed by the return of occasional desserts, and what do you know, I went from 237 to 239 in short order.  

So after a few weeks of that, I went back on, cut out desserts and anything resembling stress eating.  Dinner table conversations dwindled to nearly nothing, which is a negative side effect.  Blog posts disappeared altogether, which isn't all bad, except for the times I'd think of something overnight and forget it by morning.  

But once more, sertraline did the job it was intended to do, and I weighed in at 233 point something this morning.  If/when I reach 228, that'll be 25 pounds, and good enough that I'll give cold turkey a try.  I've been lethargic, and I'd like to feel something again.  I do function, fulfill obligations and all, but not as much beyond that as when I don't take anything.

The typical day consists of a bowl of cereal with whole milk and a 50-50 combination of juice and seltzer.  That is ideally done at 10:00, so I don't miss lunch.  If I do want a bite in the afternoon, I get a banana, maybe some peanut butter with it.  Maybe a cheese stick.  Then for supper, a small serving of something.  Spaghetti with meat sauce, or a small bowl of homemade chili.  PG makes chicken scaloppini with skinless white meat, and I like that a lot.  Tonight, it was a 1/4 pound burger with A1 sauce and a pickle slice.  Generally, either milk, 50-50 lemonade and seltzer, or Evian.  A few mixed nuts or peanuts. So two small meals, almost no sweets, and walking around the block for exercise.  

The doctor P.A. tossed off "Lose 10% of your body weight" as if to say "like you could do that."  Maybe it was reverse psychology, but I'd already begun losing weight before the appointment and nothing she said changed anything I did after it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment