Saturday, August 10, 2024

Our day

The usual games (Spelling Bee, Wordscapes, Immaculate Grid)

PG put the rabbit tchotchkes back in the living room display case

I gathered the fallen tree branches and limbs and took them to the township yard waste facility

On the way home, saw three deer in a bean field, stopped and took pictures


I caulked a gap under the front door where tiny ants were getting inside

PG smoothed out an area where the floor installers had cracked, then caulked, the side of a kitchen cabinet

Supper from Cactus Blue, dessert was homemade chocolate pudding.  Drove by the newly opened Cane's near the house, but the drive-through line stretched out past the parking lot and onto the street.  

The hot weather and the subsequent tropical depression have passed, so I can walk in the evenings again.  Plenty of rabbits out and about near sundown.  


We've had the current washer-dryer setup for more than a decade, but only now am I learning that the time on the timer can change according to the humidity the dryer senses.  Put it on auto dry, normal, and maybe 40 minutes will appear.  But if it's a small load of things that aren't sopping wet, and that 40 will jump down to 15, then to 5, as it did today while I watched.  It's no spring chicken, but at least it's still working 100% for now.  I'm not looking forward to spending money on a new setup.  


Back to the present:  to access the drain hole in the freezer, I removed a couple of hex nuts and bent back the cover.  The ratchet removed the nuts, but wasn't working well to re-insert them afterward.  I knew we had a nut-driver kit someplace, but couldn't find it in the basement or the garage.  I almost ordered a new one before remembering I'd used it upstairs on my PC and had left it with the SSD sticks and spare parts.  Having the right tool made the freezer panel a two-minute job.

No comments:

Post a Comment