Thursday, August 22, 2024

Our Day


A slow start on a cloudy but dry Thursday.  We ate breakfast and finished Spelling Bee, and I completed the Immaculate Grid with a decent score.  Then she played other games and looked over the day's news while I went outside and saw a bumblebee on a marigold blossom.  

Back inside, I sat in the rocker-recliner until a nap sneaked up on me.  After reawakening, I got dressed and we drove to the shopping district to look for drapes for the living room.  Nothing PG wanted at Lowe's, but At Home had a dark gold model with a brownish-red pattern that she liked.  

From At Home, to Crazy Cones for soft-serve.  From there to a car wash where washes are half-price ($5) on Tuesday mornings and Thursday afternoons.  

We got home and I put up the drapes after taking down the prior drapes and their hardware.  Also caulked the screw holes.  Tomorrow, sand the caulked areas and paint over them to match the beige wall. 

No walking around the block this evening.  I had a Good Cat on my lap.  

Another half-speed run-through of Rikki, reaching measure 30.  Starting to feel like this is doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment