Wednesday, September 16, 2020

What a difference a day makes, amirite?

 Last night, I was frustrated, fussing with a computer. Tonight, I'm just enjoying it.

The Crucial drive can't be used for cloning the laptop hard drive?  So just use the included adapter and install it in the new Dell.  And that ADATA Swordfish HDD that wasn't recognized yesterday?  Why, I did the same thing today and got a different result.  Go figure!  Well, actually, there were some differences; I removed the stick from the PCIe adapter, looked at it, blew on it, waved it around in the air while muttering vague oaths, then re-inserted it and re-booted.  And there it was:  Disk Management showed a Disc 0, a Disc 1, a Disc 2, *and* a Disc 3.

Disc 3 is the boot disk, Hyrix 250 GB (C:)

Disc 2 is the 1 TB ADATA Swordfish (S:)

Disc 1 is the 1 TB Crucial MX500  (F:)

Disc 0 is a 3.5" 1 TB Seagate Barracuda (D:) that came with the new Dell.

Having no crises to deal with, I watched another episode of Dix Pour Cent, mostly in version originale, wearing the new Sennheisers.  Pretty soon I'll start concerning myself with moving Dropbox and Onedrive off the Hyrix and onto one of the big drives.

And this weekend?  Spruce up the Weber with the tubes and the new starter.  



No comments:

Post a Comment