Friday, June 11, 2021

It's Late

I've waited too long to write, talked myself out of it earlier this evening because it sounded like too much and I didn't want to take that much time.  But why am I even keeping this thing online if not to write about the events of a day?

Thursday:  Warm, sunny evening, and after work BB & I headed for Lowe's to pick up the order placed last weekend.  Route 22 was slowed due to an accident just west of Cedar Crest, so I consulted Google Maps and took a different route.  That route led us through some Lehigh County countryside with pleasant views we'd never seen.  We ended up in Egypt (Pennsylvania, smarty-pants.  It didn't take us *that* far out of our way) and took MacArthur Road south to Lowe's.  

After leaving Lowe's, we went across the road to Crazy Cones, where they still insist on masks, regardless of vaccination status.  Might be the last non-medical location we ever go to that requires them.  BB got a vanilla cone with orange topping on the outside edges, and I got something with lots of chocolate and peanut butter.  

Then back home, the usual route.

Friday:  Rain in the morning, which was expected, followed by more rain, lasting all afternoon and all evening.  Both BB & I saw a cottontail running across the border area at the back of the property.

Sometime during the morning, Google News served me an article from ABC.au about St. Vincent's new release and other music she's listening to these days.  One of the songs was "Plans", by a Russian musician who goes by the name Kate NV, and to my surprise, I liked it a lot.  So down the YouTube rabbit hole I went, finding all three of her releases.  (Room for the Moon is in the headphones even now.)

Homemade pizza for supper, washed down with Pepsi.  A regular Friday habit now.  Something to remember fondly in the future.

Plenty scheduled for the weekend:  put together the new cabinets, install the gizmos they're going to hang on.  To Bethlehem ShopRite for BB's favorite bacon, and will also pick up some frozen peaches so I can bake a peach streusel cake she likes.  And it's time to bake some more M&M's cookies.  It'll be Monday before I know it.



No comments:

Post a Comment