Wednesday, June 9, 2021

The Evening's Activities

After supper, began with an episode of The Defenders, meaning the original 1961 version with E.G. Marshall and Robert Reed.  Someone has posted rips of the Shout Factory DVD's from the 1st season, and since these 60-year-old shows are still under copyright, it's a virtual certainty that YouTube's going to take them down soon, so I've got to work fast.  

After finding them and watching the first one I found, I searched next for The Benefactor.  As BB said, that's one off your bucket list.  At my age, that might have been the final realistic item on the list.  


New York Times, April 9, 1962
(Eventually, Spiedel sponsored it.)

After supper, I watched a 3rd episode, then I tried to switch to Amazon Prime for Yes, Minister.  The screen icon spun and spun before timing out, and a second try got the same result.  So I picked up the iPad and called up the Amazon icon.  It demanded that I sign in, and I did.  

Having brought up the app, I tapped Prime Video.  Another screen came up, demanding that I sign in.  What, again?  But I did.

Yet another screen appeared, demanding that I enter the password *and* complete a captcha.  I declined, and went back to YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment