Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Red's Lasting Lesson

 

For some reason, the IFRAME link doesn't work with the link that contains the actual time the relevant portion begins, so it begins here at the 68-second mark.

In my days working in the business of entertainment, it helped to remember this bit from the Red Skelton shows when I was a kid.  A bit of wisdom at a young age in someone who didn't demonstrate much of it back then.  

He began his monologue with "I feel good tonight."  At age 12, I took it at face value.  Later in life, when preparing for my presentations, I understood that nobody feels that good all the time, and that what he said was probably partly for the audience and partly as a reminder to him.  

Years later, when leading conference calls, I'd answer the inevitable "How are you?" with "I'm having a good day."  Thanks, Red.

No comments:

Post a Comment