Friday, July 16, 2021

Who Needs Netflix?

Among today's entertainment, courtesy of YouTube Premium and YouTube Music:

Radio from the Hoover Administration; programming from 1930.  (1) Ninety-one years ago, (2) before my mother was born

The monologue from a 1966 Bob Hope special.  Didn't need to look up any references to get the jokes.  

The first 3 innings of Game 1 of the 1972 ALCS, the Detroit radio broadcast with Ernie Harwell, with a quick Marc Avery voiceover before the recorder cut off the commercial.  Of course I know Marc Avery's voice when I hear it.  I listened to him afternoons on WJR only... 49 years ago.

Some new recordings of "old" songs by Kate NV.  Plus Clairo, The Academic, and Kurt Vile.  (Keeping YouTube on its toes.  Don't pigeonhole me!)   


No comments:

Post a Comment