Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Fenek

I'd been thinking about doing this next, and tonight was the first time I tried.  I started the phone in video mode, recording myself walking to the sofa and musing that it would be so nice if I had a cat on my lap.  

I pointed the camera toward the chair behind which Good Queen Swirly sleeps, and for several seconds nothing happened.  Then she emerged onto the hearth, and I kept her in the shot as she walked across the coffee table and climbed onto the fleece blanket I'd put over my lap.  

Camera was vertical as she approached, but switched to horizontal when she lay down.  I can do better, I thought while petting her and switching on the TV.

The phone rang, and the screen showed a familiar name.  Only one guess:  the cat I was sponsoring had died.  PG picked up and called to me, but Swirly didn't move, and I didn't want to hear the news anyway.  PG came downstairs with the phone and handed it to me, Swirly still didn't move, and KJ gave me the sad story and cried.  

Fenek was OK on Sunday, no better or worse than other recent visits.  He got up and walked away from a child who was petting him, and jumped onto my lap to the delight of everyone else in the room.

Today his heart gave out.  

He was a good cat.  


I think I can be forgiven for a few days of sertraline about now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment