Saturday, June 15, 2024

A little bit from a sunny spring Saturday


Earlier today:  This is a view from the township yard waste facility.

This morning, I gathered the branches taken from the bush next to the shed, and lopped them down so they'd fit in our containers.  After dumping three containers at the facility, I went to Wegmans for milk, cereal, salad dressing and pain patches for PG's hip bursitis.  On the way there, a groundhog ran across the road in front of me, but I was going slowly enough that he made it safely to the other side.

Can't remember just when, but I picked up 4 envelopes of seeds from the Dollar Tree up the road, and planted them in a couple of containers outside the back door.  The marigolds did the best, and over the past couple of days I transplanted four of them into a planter box just off the driveway.  (The driveway was patched and paved this past Thursday.  We'll be able to drive on the driveway tomorrow.)

Apple pastry from Costco for lunch... the remainder of the NJ diner French dip sandwich for supper. Didn't have dessert.  I like wearing 36-34 jeans again.

At 8:00 p.m., it was close to sunset, and I took a half-mile walk around the neighborhood.  Along the way, I saw rabbits to the left of me, rabbits to the right of me, rabbits in front of me.   They appear to favor lawns where there is plenty of flowering clover.  

No comments:

Post a Comment