Monday, June 15, 2020

The Conditions that Prevail: My Monday

PTO from work today.  Drove Pat to her eye doctor.  Everyone wore masks, and they took our temperature at the door.  This time I couldn't accompany her in back for the exam.  Soon after she left, I was asked to leave the waiting room to make room for patients.

So I drove a quarter-mile and filled the tank of the Toyota with Costco gas for $2.049 a gallon, at least 20 cents cheaper than anyplace else I've seen in the area.  Didn't wear a mask there, either.

After her appointment, we drove to the Trexlertown credit union to cash a refund check I got a month ago from State Farm car insurance.  (Considering I hardly drive anymore, I'd think it would have been larger.)  But the line of cars in the drive-thru lane snaked around the building, and we abandoned the idea.  

I saw several flowering chicory plants in the ground across from the Auburn entrance onto Grange Road.  So is June 15 chicory coming out day?  It's as though it is their turn:  in early spring there was tiny blue creeping speedwell, followed by yellow wood sorrel, wood violets, phlox, clover (red and white), and now chicory.

Next stop was in Emmaus for a Wally Hog and a coke.  Three masked police officers were in line ahead of us.

Then we went to Home Depot on Lehigh Street, because Pat wants a garden with vegetables and some bloomin' plants.  But the parking lot looked like a Saturday morning instead of Monday, so crowded, Pat shrugged and said not to bother parking.  (I never have to be asked twice to leave Home Depot.)  It wasn't a waste of time, though, because along the edge of the property were many pretty purple thistles and one stalk of chicory flowers.

Since we were so close, I took a shot and went a little further down the road to Downyflake Lane where there's another branch of the same credit union.  If anything, the wait was longer, with two lines, each containing more than a half-dozen cars.  Let's go home.

Back home, the internet is still spotty.  Ookla Speedtest is saying download speed is 5MB per second, instead of the 100MB we're paying for.  The first draft of this post was typed offline because I couldn't get online to Blogspot.

My IPad needs a security upgrade, which needs to wait until the internet is back up.

Around 2:00, both of us joined the cats in a refreshing nap.  Mine lasted until 3:00 and Pat got up from the couch at 3:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment