Thursday, June 25, 2020

My Thursday

Drove to PetSmart this evening and took the long way to give my car some work.  In the mail today was a reminder from Toyota that it was time for my last pre-paid (they say "free", but who's kidding whom?) service.  I bought the Highlander in August 2018, and this is supposed to be the 2-year/24,000 mile service.  Mine has 8,800 or so, and according to the reminder, only 2,500 of it came in the past 12 months.  (Odds are, the vast majority were going to or returning from a hospital.)

So the trip today took me past a large family of Canada geese, including young who were mostly grown, but not quite.  Burbling internally about the father and mother gooses and their little gooselings (isn't English fun?), I stopped at the light next to the Wawa and put on my blinker to turn left onto Route 100.  During the red light, I fiddled with the radio, trying to find something on the satellite worth listening to.  Yes, it's another free period with Sirius XM, and I have to wonder how many subscriptions have cancelled because they don't drive to work anymore.

The light turned green, I turned left -- and found a bunch of orange cones blocking both lanes.  Oh right, there was an announcement that there would be some infrastructure improvement on 100.  I waited for the car behind me to pass, and followed it south in the single lane that *was* open.

One change in PetSmart:  the cat adoption cubicles are playing host to adoptable cats once more. 

A photo from the PetSmart parking lot:  guessing that the litter was left by two separate individuals, unless it was one person trying the prophylactic nicotine treatment against COVID-19.


No comments:

Post a Comment