Thursday, July 2, 2020

My Thursday

A month or so ago, the team I work on consisted of 3 people, and one day J and I got an email that said the 3rd person was doing another job, effective immediately.  We were expected to keep doing our jobs and pick up her work.  Happens to us all.

On Monday, I posted about my new job responsibilities.  My understanding then was that the other guy on the team and I would split time between the old job and the new one.  Then yesterday I was told that now the other guy is off my team and on the other one full-time.  The intent is for me to join him as soon as possible.  However, if they think that will be soon, they are under a misapprehension, because there's still enough work to keep me busy for eight hours a day.  Proof: my day today.  No, I'll spare you the details.  The problem is that although my role is legacy work for a technology that's due to become obsolete by the end of the year, there's still a lot of work ahead to transfer it, and until that's done, somebody has to support it.  That someone is me, the one-man team.

No comments:

Post a Comment