Thursday, July 23, 2020

WFH

Here are my answers to the question in this article.

Office size: more than 100, but far fewer than when I started working there.
What is your company saying about coming back to the office?

The good news is that they had a desk-sharing program in place, so I was all set up to work from home when the order came down.  But due to my wife's broken leg, I'd been working from home full-time since June 2019 anyway.  I'm not really cut out to work in an office, especially one with an open setup like ours.  My job involves frequent conference calls and presentations, and I didn't like putting on a show with everyone in the office eavesdropping.    

Under the circumstances, I haven't paid attention to the company messages about returning to the office.  I believe they have a setup where people can come in to do what they need to do there, but only on certain days, determined by the first letter of their last name.  

One additional consideration is that the office is part of a division that the company is selling, with closing set for August 31.  So there's a pandemic going on, my company is selling my division, and also putting a new accounts receivable system in place.  The system is designed to replace the previous system, which just happens to be my job.  I'm still responsible for the legacy system, but after that who knows what happens to my job, or my paycheck?

No comments:

Post a Comment