Sunday, October 17, 2021

Los and Foundt


Previously, I'd posted a picture of a sunflower that sprouted from some uneaten bird seed.  This is the top of another volunteer in the same patch of ground.  It looks like a corn stalk to me, although I'll check with Google Images to try to confirm.  This is the very top of the plant.  

Now, the subject line has to do with the photo and others taken the same day.  On October 14, using my phone I snapped some pictures and a short video of the road construction taking place next to our development.  Later that day, I brought out the PowerShot and took several more of the volunteer corn stalk, taking them from different angles and distances to blur the background.  The angle of the sun and the shady background in this one turned out the best.  

I downloaded both sets of 10/14 snapshots to the laptop and assigned folders to them in FastStone.  Yesterday, I intended to come back to those images and looked for them in Adobe Bridge, but the folders were empty.  So what happened?  Might have been a glitch in Dropbox, and I might have deleted them by mistake, but I doubt that.  If they were all in one folder, maybe, but not two separate folders.  

I'd already deleted the road construction set from my phone, but at least the corn stalk shots were still on the SD card in the camera.  And if I was going to lose anything, I'd have chosen the former, which were just to document construction, over the latter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment