Saturday, June 18, 2022

Chicory: The Return


First came violet season, then Dame's Rocket (the official name for faux phlox) and wisteria, and in the last day or so the chicory began to appear.  

To get home from Tabby's Place, I drove west on route 12, then took the river road to Milford and crossed the free bridge into PA.  As I stopped before turning onto the river road,  I saw to my right multiple wildflowers and made a hard right into the parking lot of a Chinese restaurant. 

In addition to chicory, there was daisy fleabane, and a yellow flower I couldn't identify.  All this was growing next to a bright red fire hydrant.  All the color stopped me in my tracks and fit the description of a picture I couldn't not take.

The sun was providing good light, but a strong spring wind made it impossible to be sure that any image would turn out clear.  Just hit it and hope.  I'll have to drive this way and look for it again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment