Sunday, December 17, 2023

Early Sunday Morning

In the past week, I tried eating and drinking the junk foods I ate and drank for years, and it's not the same.  Doesn't taste real good, and while it's not making me sick, I feel better when I don't consume them.  I've kept off the nearly 20 pounds I dropped after July 5.  

Took a route to TP today that I hadn't tried before.  At one point south of Quakertown, I wound up in a long line waiting for a flagman to wave us through.  The drive was about the same length as the one I normally take, but took nearly twice as long.  OK, that route's one and done.  Lots of traffic and low speed limits.

Drum practice has slipped recent days.  I was going along with a structure of 5-10 minute warmup, 10-15 minutes of rudiment practice, and 5-10 minutes of playing with songs.   Starting to think that the rudiment practice is for people who are young and want the full well-rounded learning experience because they intend to do something serious with that knowledge.  Whereas I'm not young and don't care for rudiments any more than I cared for scales on the other instruments I did a half-assed job of studying.  I'm almost done with the double-stroke roll section of the Drumeo Method, and that may be where I stop, in favor of searching songs and watching YouTube videos of drummers playing those songs.   


No comments:

Post a Comment