Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Ay caramba

PG received a document from Medicare that said she could be billed more than $2,000.  There were charges from some place in Brooklyn with "Ortho" in its name, submitting claims for catheters for six months from May through October last year.  So ay caramba, or oy gevalt, or heck, even bozhe moi.  

We checked Medicare and the Medigap carrier and found claims from the supplier on both sites.  Next, we called Medicare's toll-free number and only had to wait five minutes or so before someone came on to help.  Twenty minutes later, we'd given them all the facts we had to report on what was likely a series of fraudulent claims.  I'm hopeful it will all work out, and I know did wonders for PG's blood pressure, anyway.

An hour later, I logged off and went downstairs for supper.  Before I could take a bite, a phone call came in from a collection agency that left a message for me to call them back.  I looked up the number they left, and found detailed descriptions of a no-doubt scam.  So then, no, I'm not calling.  Any other questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment