Thursday, February 15, 2024

Content

Accent on the second syllable, to be clear.  

Around noon today, I drove somewhere, parked, got out, walked in, a minute later walked back out.  No pain in my back, in my knees, in my feet.  Blood flowing without any problem.  Breathing normally.  Recognizing how fortunate that makes me as a 67-year-old.

After six inches of snow Sunday night, I wrestled around a heavy snow thrower to clear the driveway, the brick walk behind the house, the sidewalk along the house, and the sidewalk along the street.  Later in the afternoon, came back out after the township plowed in the end of the driveway and shoveled the wet, packed snow onto piles on either side.  No trouble.

Floaters in both eyes, tinnitus in both ears, some plumbing problems, but the kind to have (the kind that doesn't require Depends).  

I love my wife, I like my job, and whenever I want, I can go spend time with cats.  They've asked me to take pictures and write about cats, I didn't have to apply for anything.  I am reasonably competent reading and hearing a second language (speaking it is something else, since I don't get any practice).  I am learning a musical instrument, taking lessons on drums for the first time after my most recent birthday.  

While putting together a piece for Special Needs cats, I found that it would help if I knew a little something about video editing and creation.  I had made a hundred or more short YouTube videos over the course of a 10-year period, then ran out of inspiration or something and stopped completely.  

Sony Vegas isn't available to me now, so I went looking for a replacement, free and open source if at all possible.  OpenShot seems to be the answer; it's installed now and I've been checking out tutorial videos on (what else) YouTube.  This of course leads to the realization that although I've done a better-than-average job of tagging the digital still photos taken over the past 25 years, the video clips aren't nearly as well-documented.  There's a project, and a big one.  It'll keep me busy when I'm not taking pictures and processing them, or loving on cats, or writing about them, or reading/listening to French, or practicing variations on a half-time shuffle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment