Saturday, February 10, 2024

My Day

Yesterday, we went out at noontime to pick up the usual weekly groceries, down in Macungie at the Nice Weis.  By the end of the day, my stomach was upset and I didn't know what I'd done to deserve it.  I got through the night without regurgitating anything, and in the morning PG and I made out another shopping list.  Time for a bland diet, at least for a few days.

This time, we went to the nearby Giant, because I knew it carries Vernor's, and ginger ale was one of the items on the list.  By the middle of the day, PG had made a pot of chicken soup and a bowl of applesauce with cinnamon.  We also had fresh bananas, a box of Rice Krispies, and a loaf of Sara Lee Butter Bread for toast, which is the "T" in a BRAT bland diet.  

Back home, I napped deeply enough that vivid dreams occurred, none of which I can remember now.  Other passive activities:  watched the first half hour of Harold and Maude; read chapter 2 of Surrounded on Three Sides, a book first published in 1958 with pop culture references like Norman Vincent Peale and radio-TV columnist John Crosby, both of whom are forgotten today.  I got them, though, and even look forward to digging for more information if the author drops a name unfamiliar to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment