Sunday, February 18, 2024

Insomnia

Awake since 2:15.  After a largely sleepless night last night that I blamed on the caffeine in the Pepsi I had with pizza, I don't have a similar easy explanation for this.  

Anyway, I lay in bed for an hour before giving up, getting up, and going downstairs.  Xitter doesn't work with Google Chrome, either upstairs on my PC or down here on my laptop, but it does work on Edge, which is based on Chrome.  I'll use that workaround rather than clear all cookies, which would force me to sign in everywhere else all over again.  

I had to wrestle the snow thrower once again yesterday in the wake of an unexpected storm that left six more inches on the ground.  A body would think that would tire out a body.  

Completed the Connections without a mistake, and even began with the tricky purple one.  Some are harder, some are easier.  Some days I don't even get one correct answer.  Followed Connections with Spelling Bee, which is generous with pangrams today.  I found two in the first three words, then checked the Buddy and learned that there are six in the puzzle.  So I found a third pangram and sent an IM to PG, telling her only that I had found half the day's pangrams and was leaving the rest for her.    

Yesterday, no drums, not even a half-time shuffle.  The day did have its share of things that kept me busy in an interesting way.  Now that the new laptop is here, I went through the app executables on file and deleted some outdated ones.  Unlike Samsung phones, Microsoft will only re-install apps that were on your old Windows machine if they are also in the Microsoft store.  That leaves out a few, like ACDSee.  

Not sleepy yet.  Watched another OpenShot tutorial video, and will bring up France Info after I finish writing.  Tried to find a free open source Windows video clip manager, without success.  I want to organize the video clips, recognizing that I'm probably the only person who cares about them and that after I'm gone no one is going to save them.  

C'est midi passé de six minutes quelque part, je viens d'entendre.  Moi, j'ai besoin de sommeil.  Bonne nuit à tous.

No comments:

Post a Comment