Friday, February 16, 2024

Focus

I was just reading an article from today's Le Monde, and I was doing fine with the language.  Not quite as smooth as English, but I knew what was going on.

But while I'm reading something in another language (one of the stated activities set for retirement) I'm not practicing any of the variations on the half-time shuffle; I'm not watching a tutorial on OpenShot; I'm not creating a video in OpenShot.

I already know what I want to do first.  Months ago, I saw a WWII cartoon with a character like Private Snafu.  In it, there was a section of gibberish consisting of a speeded-up human voice.  I recorded the audio and slowed it down in GoldWave, and found it was the same voice as the lead character in the cartoon.  It shouldn't be difficult to put together a video that reveals this fact to anyone with ears to hear.  Call it my latest contribution to the sum total of human knowledge.  

OK, kid, focus.  Back to Le Monde.  The rest can wait until tomorrow.  After you clear the latest snowfall on Saturday, and before you visit the cats on Sunday, there'll be time for creative activities.  (After you visit the cats, there'll be photos to go through, tag, file, and touch up for publication.)  Remember that Monday's an off day, too.  You can't do it all at once, but you can do it all at one time or another this weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment