Thursday, February 8, 2024

Fooled twice, almost

There was something in the New Yorker that referenced someone whose TikTok videos were popular.  I followed the link... and you know what?  I'm not going through the details of what happened after that.  It's enough to say that they now have a junk mail email address of mine and a made-up date of birth, and whatever got left behind after I deleted the app from an old phone, less than 10 minutes after installing it.  It wasn't worth it.  

I'll have to remember this for future apps.  It's going to have to be awfully good, because now signing up is more than an email and a password entered twice.  There are other hoops to jump through, and it's either their way all the way or no way.  

You'd think I would have learned from making a half-hearted attempt to sign up for Threads, which also failed, for the same reasons that I stopped trying to sign up for TikTok.  Oh well, they've got plenty of members already, they don't need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment