Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Making an effort

90 minutes with a little cat on my lap this evening.  I watched an old movie on TiVo while she napped.  From 6:30 to 7:00 I listened to Kaleidoscope, which tonight featured Pearl Harbor and Wake Island and the events of December 1941.  

Then I came upstairs and watched a few informative things on YouTube, including another lesson in how to use OpenShot.  Not a whole lot of initiative, but with the exception of preparing photos for TP on Sunday night, more get-up-and-go than I've shown for a couple of weeks.  

For the record:  I TiVo'd Withnail and I some weeks ago, and at last got around to watching it in half-hour bites over a few days recently. It was great to see it available on TCM, as I'd heard so much about it since its release in 1987.  Maybe back then I would have seen it the way they did, and I'd have enjoyed it more too.  As it was, I made it through the entire film, which is more than I can say about some of the movies I've recorded, but it was easy to delete when it finished.  Ah, I'm sure I'm the outlier here.  I'm supposed to laugh at the talented actor who's wasting it with self-destructive behaviour.  Okey-doke.

A little extra cash in pocket -- wonder what to do with it?  I know:  I'll pay off the bills PG and I ran up yesterday!  First Costco, then Wegmans, then Wild Birds Unlimited, and finally to Weis for stuff we didn't find at Wegmans.  [insert "chi-ching" GIF here]

No comments:

Post a Comment