Monday, February 19, 2024

Windows 10 Bluetooth pairing dialog box too small

After visiting TP, I came home and tried to download photos from my phone.  I got a message saying that Bluetooth between the phone and the downstairs laptop was not connected.  I tried following the instructions in Settings, and this came up:


No yes-or-no buttons, not scrollable, not enlargeable.  The pairing failed time after time until I found that not only had many others encountered this problem, but also that it was a bug in Windows which was first detected in 2021.  Here's more info:

I ended up getting a USB adapter and plugging it in, and downloaded the photos that way.  But here's an answer I can vouch for:


So there's a bug that prevents people from pairing their phones and their contents to Windows 10 via Bluetooth.  We're coming up on the 3-year anniversary of its first appearance.  And it hasn't yet been fixed.  

When I get around to the new laptop, I'll see whether it still exists in Windows 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment